Chair, Zest Academy Trust
Member and Trustee
Phil joined Waterloo Primary Academy as a parent governor over nine years ago and has been involved in a number of school initiatives and improvements. Phil has been Chair of Governors for Waterloo for a number of years supporting the school through two ‘good’ OFSTED graded inspections and has recently become Chair of Zest.
Phil has a wealth of education experience, his teaching career starting in early 2000s and he has held a number of teaching and leadership positions across the education sector. Phil has experience in teaching secondary and post 16 education including Further and Higher Education.
As well as being a qualified teacher, Phil has post graduate qualifications is Engineering, Human Resource Management and has a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership and Management specialising in SEND. Phil brings a significant amount of education experience around pastoral care, safeguarding and SEND to the board and is currently employed as the Head of SEND for a local council.
After 34 year in the teaching profession Nick has chosen to retire from school but not from work linked to education.
His career has included
• Working in 9 schools
• HT of 5 of them - all "failing" in terms of outcomes and OfSTED
• All five schools needed rapid and systematic improvement
• 5 years as a senior adviser for Warrington LA - Assessment and IT lead as well as supporting 15 schools
• Wide range experience of School Improvement, HR, Finance, Curriculum, Appointments, CPD etc.
• Current school is an Academy in a MAT which has enabled me to develop Trust level experience